A new TV-Lite release has just been issued. A bunch of bugs and some other problems were corrected, Some GUI aids and a rather important feature have been added.
Here is the changelist for this release
- TV-lite used to „freeze”, during time consuming operations like loading and parsing very long channel lists. The GUI is now responsive during these moments, and some commands that do not intefere with list processing can even be issued during this time.
- The search box and list ordering radio buttons now act upon the current group displayed. In the past, using them, resulted in displaying results from the entire list, or even jumping back to display the all-channel list.
- Another source of freezes was typing in the search box when a very large list was used. Now, the actual search starts one second after the user stopped typing in the search box.
- A progress indicator was added on the status bar, to display the status of the network buffer when a channel or VOD is played.
- Another progress bar displays the status of the lengthy processing operations, like processing M3U lists, caching current subscriptions, or even displaying very large lists.
- A new box displays informations about the selected channel in a subscription (the name, group, and the URL list).
- EXPERIMENTAL: Last, but not least, support for the non-standard #EXTVLCOPT tag in M3U playlists. This is VLC specific and contains command-line like options that can be used for a specific stream source,
As usual, on this page you will find directions for downloading and installing TV-Lite